British Columbia Teachers’ Federation
Health and Wellness Program Advisor
Income Security Division
Starting as soon as possible
$84,056.01 to $100,697.67 per annum
The British Columbia Teachers’ Federation (BCTF), established in 1917, is the union of professionals representing 50,000 public school teachers in the province of British Columbia, Canada. All public school teachers belong to the BCTF and their local teachers’ association.
Housed in a modern, well-maintained office setting located close to the Canada Line and other major transit routes, the Federation provides an exceptional working environment where respect, learning, and professional growth are championed and valued.
Please note this is full-time in-person position.
Under the general direction of the Health and Wellness Program Co-ordinator/Income Security Division Supervisor and as a member of the Health and Wellness Advisory Team, monitors and provides administrative clinical and program oversight of the External Rehab Provider network for quality assurance purposes. Provides incidental training as well as advice to Income Security Division staff on the Health and Wellness Program practices and procedures.
More than five (5) years recent experience as a vocational rehabilitation practitioner demonstrating the following:
• Ability to develop, direct, and implement client rehabilitation plans.
• Ability to co-ordinate and interpret full client assessments including physical, mental, psycho-social, academic, and vocational.
• Ability to analyse information from interviews, educational and medical records, diagnostic evaluations, and consultations with other professionals in order to assess clients’ abilities, needs and eligibility for services.
• Ability to work with clients to identify and overcome barriers to employment.
• Ability to manage rehabilitation based projects.
• Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental disabilities.
• Knowledge of occupational health and claims management processes.
• Ability to synthesize, analyse, and summarize complex medical, psychological, and physiological information.
• Thorough and accurate record keeping.
• Proficiency using office computer software programs and databases.
• Ability to explain and clarify complex procedures and issues.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to apply tact, judgment, and discretion in decision making.
• Ability to perform effectively with only general direction.
• Ability to function well as a member of a team.
• Bachelor’s degree supplemented by a Master’s Degree in an area related to the vocational rehabilitation profession.
• Professional designation provided by the Vocational Rehabilitation Association of Canada or equivalent.
• a competitive salary and total compensation package
• optional flexible schedule including nine (9) day fortnight and four (4) day workweek during July and August
• employer-paid extended health and dental
• generous annual vacation
• professional development opportunities
• Municipal Pension Plan
• on-site parking/subsidized transit
• long-term disability
• life insurance
• Employee and Family Assistance Program
• a supportive team environment.
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, and references, not later than 5:00 p.m., May 5, 2023, via the link JP0470-2023-01.
Diversity and Accessibility Statement
The BC Teacher’s Federation is committed to furthering diversity, equity, and inclusion within our community. Because the BCTF has an affirmative action policy, applicants are encouraged to disclose, on a voluntary basis, whether they self-identify as a member of an equity-deserving group, which includes female, trans* (trans, transgender, transsexual, genderqueer, two-spirit, transwoman, transman), 2SLGBTQIA+ person, visible minority or racialized person, Aboriginal (Indigenous) person, and/or a person with a disability.
The BCTF strives for compliance with the Accessible British Columbia Act and ensuring our communities are as barrier-free as possible. Applicants requiring an accommodation are encouraged to contact the hiring manager.
JP0470-2023-01 Health & Wellness Program Program Advisor, FT Continuing – external posting
Employment – British Columbia Teachers’ FederationHealth and Wellness Program Advisor
British Columbia Teachers’ Federation