Applied Ethics VR Practice
Welcome to the CVRP Applied Ethics Vocational Rehabilitation Practice Learning Module. This program is worth 4 ethics CEU credits.
To register, please fill out the form below.
Traditionally most Vocational Rehabilitation decisions are thought to be based on consideration of the client’s physical, social, economic, education, vocational history, interests, goals, service providers, family and community resources. However, when making ethical decisions, Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals are influenced by their own personal values, values of their client and the values in their organizational culture. As a result of conflicts among these values, Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals frequently confront ethical dilemmas.
Professional ethics encompass the personal, organizational and corporate standards of behaviour expected of professionals. Professionals and those working in acknowledged professions, exercise specialized knowledge and skill. This knowledge should be governed when providing a service to the public can be considered a moral issue and is termed professional ethics. Professionals are capable of making judgments, applying their skills and reaching informed decisions in situations that the general public cannot. One of the earliest examples of professional ethics is probably the Hippocratic oath to which medical doctors still adhere to this day.
- Understand implications of personal ethics and professional ethics.
- Identify major schools of ethical theory.
- Identify the 5 values associated with ethical decision making.
- Understand the implications of psychological processes on ethical decision making.
- Understand steps in the ethical decision making process.
- Upon receipt of registration and payment, the College will email you a username and password to access the program. You will have 30 days and unlimited access to complete the module.
- There are 6 sections and quizzes after Section 2, Section 3 and Section 6. Quizzes must be answered correctly before proceeding to the next section. A quiz can be taken repeatedly until successful.
- Use the navigation bar located on right-hand side of the learning module, expand the section to use the link in red.
- Due to the complexity of the material, it is recommended you schedule breaks between sections or plan to divide the module up over 3 different times or dates.
- If you are experiencing any difficulty, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- It is the Registrant’s responsibility to upload the certificate to their profile to be awarded the CEUs. To submit credits, login to cvrp.ca and go to https://cvrp.net/my-profile/.