Program: RSVP – Permanent Full-Time
Location: Work from Home in British Columbia
Who we’re looking for
Rehabilitation Service Specialist (RSS)
Like WCG, you believe in the power of work to transform lives. As a Rehabilitation Service Specialist (RSS), you’re part of a team that delivers a wide range of rehabilitation services to veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces and their families. We are an organization of driven and passionate people who are working together to make a difference in the lives of Canadian Veterans and their families. We provide support, care, and recognition that Canadian Veterans and their families deserve.
WCG’s Rehabilitation Services and Vocational Assistance Program (RSVP) is delivered on behalf of Veterans Affairs Canada and in partnership with Lifemark Health Group. The Rehabilitation Service Specialist is the single point of contact for Participants throughout the entire Rehabilitation Services and Vocational Assistance Program (RSVP). The RSS role is critical in establishing trust and building rapport with the Participant through timely effective communication, pro-active case management, and expert ability to plan.
As an expert on developing comprehensive rehabilitation plans, you make a difference at the personal and community level by ensuring Veterans achieve their optimal wellness and receive the best support possible.
What you’ll do
- Determine required rehabilitation assessments to further assess Participant’s capacity for improvement and clarify rehabilitation needs and coordinate as required
- Ensure services and plans are needs-based, goal-oriented and align to program mandates of improving the six functional domains of well-being and reduce/eliminate barriers to re-establishment and are safe, cost-effective and of high quality
- Develop thorough Rehabilitation Plan for program Participants in consultation with the Participant, their family/caregiver, Rehabilitation Service Professionals (RSPs) and the Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) Case Manager
- Act as the service integrator, collaborating equally with medical, psycho-social and vocational RSPs delivering services to participants
- Empower Participant to problem-solve by exploring options of community-based interventions and resources to achieve desired outcomes
- Identify barriers or risk factors contributing to suboptimal outcomes and pro-actively develop and implement strategies
What you bring
A bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Counselling, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Health Services, Human Services, or a related field and one of the following:
- have five (5) years of experience in case management; or
- have or are working toward a health professional designation; or
- have or are in the process of obtaining a Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professional (CVRP or a CVRP-F); OR in Québec, Career Counsellors registered with the Ordre des conseillers et conseillères d’orientation du Québec
A minimum of one (1) year experience in the direct provision of medical, psycho-social or vocational rehabilitation services including conducting assessments and making recommendations to support a comprehensive plan
Experience working with persons living with mental or physical health problems creating barriers in life.
- Employment conditional on obtaining federal security clearance – Reliability Status.
- A reliable vehicle and the ability to travel
- Bilingual (French / English)
- Experience working with employers, community resources, and training institutions
- Preference given to qualified former CAF members
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive and flexible health and dental benefits
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Generous time off policy to encourage work/life balance
- A diverse and inclusive workplace with a track record of high employee engagement and teamwork
For complete job requirements, see the full Job Description here.
Passion and Lived Experience Matter!
If you don’t quite have the above credentials but feel passionate about this role and your ability to do it successfully, please APPLY ANYHOW! Tell us in your application why you believe you would be a great fit. We believe in developing talent and have a wide range of opportunities to support passionate team members as they grow towards their employment goals.
WCG is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to achieving a workplace that is equitable and representative of Canada’s diverse population. We actively work to attract, develop, and retain employees from diverse and equity-deserving backgrounds who have exceptional ability and the desire to make a difference. We continuously strive to support individual needs and differences in a work environment that is built on inclusivity and respect for everyone.
WCG is committed to providing an accessible, barrier free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise us if you require accommodation in advance of any part of the recruitment and selection process.PCVRSWEST