Rehabilitation Service Specialist
Rehabilitation Service Specialist (RSS)
Status: Permanent Full-time
Location: Remote; Work from Home, Ontario
Like Lifemark, you believe in the power of work to transform lives. As an RSS with Lifemark you’ll work remotely as part of a team supporting Lifemark’s Vocational Assistance Program (RSVP) across Canada. This team makes a difference in the lives of Canada’s Veterans, their families, and communities by providing Rehabilitation Services. RSVP is delivered on behalf of Veterans Affairs Canada in partnership with WCG Services. These roles will be starting in the fall of 2022.
The RSS has a passion for working within motivated, diverse and engaged teams. A background in medical, psychosocial, or vocational Rehabilitation Services combined with an inspired vision and purpose, will ensure the organization maintains quality client service and an environment of continuous learning and improvement. As part of a strong and professional team, you make a difference at the personal and community level by ensuring Veterans achieve their vocational and medical/psychosocial rehabilitation goals, by providing support.
What You’ll Do
- Be part of a team of Rehabilitation Service Specialists in the delivery and coordination of Rehabilitation Services for program participants
- Assist the team to provide superior participant-centered services that lead to successful outcomes in a timely and efficient manner
- Establish and meet caseload and performance metrics
- Ensure service standards and outcomes meet and exceed requirements
- Coordinate all assessments, interpret reports, and recommendations
- The RSS will also coordinate any assessments required for VAC’s Financial Benefits Programs (IRB and CFIS) outside of the Rehabilitation Program
What You Bring
- A current health professional designation is required (including, but not limited to, Registered Occupational Therapist, Registered Social Worker, Registered Nurse, Certified Kinesiologist)
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the direct provision of medical, psycho-social or vocational rehabilitation services (or a combination thereof) to Participants
- Experience conducting medical, psycho-social or vocational rehabilitation assessments
- Experience working with persons living with mental or physical health problems creating barriers to civilian life
- Experience analyzing and interpreting medical, psycho-social or vocational assessments and making recommendations based upon critical analysis of information leading to the development of a comprehensive plan and program of care, and;
- Experience working with a variety of health professionals and disciplines in an interdisciplinary team environment.
Why Choose Lifemark?
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive and flexible health and dental benefits
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- A diverse and inclusive workplace with a track record of high employee engagement and teamwork
Lifemark welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Lifemark promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of the following groups: Indigenous peoples, Newcomers to Canada, and Visible minorities.
Apply today! Visit www.lifemarkhealthgroup.ca or email email@example.com for more information.