The College of Vocational
CVRP is a not-for-profit corporation established by a group of professionals committed to enhancing the professionalism and qualifications of their field as a voluntary professional regulating body that acts for Vocational Rehabilitation professionals.
The primary function of the College is to clearly define the unique knowledge required by its Registrants to demonstrate they are qualified, competent (to protect the public) by following clearly defined standards of practice and ethics as outlined through each respective scope of practice.
CVRP Public Registry
What Do Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals Do?
There are currently 3.5 million Canadians with disabilities, 28% are unemployed. This greatly exceeds the national unemployment average. Given the number of Canadians with vocational disabilities and/or disadvantages, and their impact on the persons involved and society as a whole, there is a national need for services provided by Certified Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) professionals.
A VR professional assesses, evaluates, and identifies persons who are experiencing (or at risk of experiencing) a vocational disability or disadvantage. A VR professional seeks to develop and execute vocational rehabilitation and return-to-work (RTW) plans designed to achieve or restore optimum vocational and avocational outcomes. These outcomes are achieved through the application of knowledge, skills, interventions, and strategies that are unique to the discipline and the VR profession.
What does the College Do?
- Exists to protect the public from incompetent and unqualified practitioners through certification.
- Ensures vocational rehabilitation practice excellence through Standards of Practice and a Disciplinary process.
- Ensures ongoing member competency through annual registration and mandated continuing education.
- Meets the standards of other professionally regulated colleges.
- Is an independent, not-for-profit, federal corporation with an international registration.
- Is governed by a Board of Directors.